Friday, March 7, 2008

learning from roommates.

so we all have our own way of doing things.
example: did you know some people put their egg shells down the garbage disposal? that is just weird to me. not that i cook eggs that often or anything

other observations

  1. jillian calls the remote control the buttons. she says, " do you know where the buttons are?" when she cant find it.
  2. she also calls sharpies permanent pens. i say permanent markers.
  3. holly makes her oatmeal in a pot. i don't know exactly how it works. she like measures a cup of water and a cup of oats (from the cardboard can thing!) and cooks it all together.
  4. i make my oatmeal by opening one of those little packets (cinnamon apple is my fave) and pouring it into a bowl. i then boil water in a tea kettle and pour it over the oats, mix it up and sometimes add milk. (my way i only have to wash one bowl instead of a bowl and a pot.)
  5. kristin uses a scrub brush to wash her dishes and monica uses a sponge.
  6. when monica makes a quesadilla she uses olive oil in a frying pan and does it that way. i just make mine in the microwave. (again it comes down to the number of dishes i have to wash.
  7. top ramen... everyone is a little different. i like to follow the directions on the bag (boil 2 cups water, add noodles, cook for 4 minutes, add seasonings.) some people put the water and noodle together and then microwave.
  8. cindy makes cookies using half crisco and half butter. holly uses honey in her cookies. monica seems to always put peanut butter chips in her brownies.
  9. sweetener? well cindy uses splenda for everything. i like sugar in the raw, that and i like to drink my drink before it gets the chance to dilute. i just find joy in crunching on sugar.
so am i creepy because of this list? nah, i think im just observant.

7 comments:

Holly Stavness said...

yes I agree with you that I still think that egg shells down the disposal is weird...although, everyone seems to do it down here!
I have never heard of calling the clicker, the buttons! lol(yes, I call the remote a clicker)
Yes, you are observant, I make my oatmeal in a pot...we have been over this;) but I only but 1/2 cup of oats into 1 cup of water. You see...the oats have to soak up the water.
Honey is the secret ingredient to the cookies!! Ah...the secret is out now;) You are observant! wow...now if you had a schedule that made you get up at the same time as we do, you could observe how we get ready...but I don't think I'd like someone staring at me while I brush my teeth:)))

p.s.
my preferred sweetener(if any) is sugar in the raw too!

GinnyBerry said...

Well my two cents is that if you use the packets you are eating more than oatmeal. Salt. etc//.

You could go save on dishes if you got a special bowl that you could microwave the real oatmeal in and then eat out of the same container. Yes. That would be healthier and save on dishes.

But only if you want. Just a suggestion.

And I always put eggshells down the disposal. Always have. But Uncle
Scott saw me do it recently and thinks it is weird.

those honey cookies sound good.

I'm off to school to work on my paper.
have a good day.

Jeff and Yvonne Weinstein said...

We don't put the eggshells down because of the wasted water... which is a scarce resource in SoCal...

Eric McFarland said...

i think it could just be a riverside thing.. either we are weird.. or they are... who knows?

Eric McFarland said...

or babies with mullets..

Liz said...

hahahaha! this is the most incredible blog!

Cinders said...

thanks so much. the last time i made cookies with just butter just for you. eggshells, totally normal; you and holly are going to have to move on over that hump...