Tuesday, October 21, 2008

waxing your brows could be spiritual.

i have a weird habit.
sometimes when i am in funny situations i think, "man, this would make a great illustration in a sermon!"

today i got my eyebrows waxed. (after my pedi with jillian).

so im laying down on the bed thing. and first the lady starts combing my brows and trimming them with a pair of scissors. i felt a little nervous because i had no idea what she was doing.
next its time for the wax. she lays a strip of it along the top of my face. i can feel the hot wax, but i have no way of knowing where she had put the wax. i was nervous i would be left with nothing and have to draw in some brows the next day.
after she had finished with the wax she started with the scissors. "cretainly there couldn't be anymore left to cut? could there be?"
oh but she wasn't done yet- now it was time for the tweesers!
im like laying there trying to stay calm. thinking i must look bald at this point.
then she stops. starts rubbing lotion on my face and massages my head.

she finishes up, i finally get to look in the mirror, and i actually have two nice looking eyebrows left!

application:
God knows exactly what we need. it might feel funny at times. it might even hurt sometimes. sometimes what we think we need or the ways we think we would do something could be totally wrong.I wanted the lady to stop cutting my hair as soon as she started. but sometimes the road of life can get bumpy (hairy?) and if you just stick with it God will carry you through. because only HE knows what you need. and HIS plan is best. and even if you think that everyting is totally wrong, you have to trust the great brow waxer, or the Father.

so can i be a pastor now?

6 comments:

escamillaweddings said...

sounds good to me! :)

Liz said...

the great brow waxer! you are awesome! =]

Janey said...

can you please just sit on my shoulder and tell me these stories all the time. I seriously laughed when I read this but then I realized how profound it is.

you're amazing.

Cinders said...

can i just clarify?



did you just parallel God, the Almighty, with an eye-brow waxer?

rachel said...

in the way that i had no idea what she was doing, i couldn't see what the end result would be, i had to trust her and believe that she had a plan, i was in pain at times...

yes i did just make that comparison.

Josiah said...

hahaha that is amazing... you should go into preaching for sure