Thursday, November 13, 2008

art journals

so i really want to start art journaling.
it just seems like an awesome way to express yourself.

i have been reading a few blogs about this: thrifty collage artist, and a beautiful mess among others.

but the thing is i really need to start collecting scraps, pictures, textures, and other things so i can start this process.

and i need to figure if i need a journal or if i need to just make individual pages and then bind them at a later date.there are some pre made ones at this etsy store. but i don't know if thats cheating.

that is all.

6 comments:

GinnyBerry said...

I think I have some scraps and texture stuff for you. I'm moving, and they are in my old house. I'll keep you in mind when I go up and pack again this weekend!
Aunt Ginny

Jillian, Riverside said...

ooo i like that idea.

Justine said...

I think you've inspired me...
let's do an event :)

Janey said...

if you do this can i be in it. like a lot. like a lot a lot. okay not really. but this is cool.

Holly Stavness said...

oh my word!! This is so gorgeous!! AND...you are a way better artist and so it will be 10 times as gorgeous and creative...and I will love them and then you will have to help me do it:)))))

SUZAN BUCKNER said...

Hi!! Cereal boxes or any kind of food box work GREAT to journal on.Then when you have several, put them in a large ringed notebook, and keep adding..the different sizes make it look really cool!!

Also, I have a private art journaling group that you can join, just email me at suzanbuckner@hotmail.com, and ask for an invite. (Send me your email addy in the email.)

Suzan
Thrifty Collage Artist