Wednesday, November 28, 2007

a blog is a great excuse to procrastinate.

so i have a big presentation due tomorrow (technically today).
in my english class i am writing a research paper about the value of graffiti as art. the paper is not due for three more weeks but for some reason i have to present my findings to class tomorrow.

i am almost done but i cant stay focused.

i feel more pressure to deliver an interesting presentation because graffiti is cool and edgy. and i am cool and edgy. so of course my presentation should be cool and edgy.

i wish i had just written about nuclear physics so people would just tune me out and not actually listen to what i have to say.

i sat down at my mac to start it yesterday but didnt get very far. i found some more research so now i have about 20 articles (but i really need to actually read them now).

and i am a professional procrastinator so all day i have found things to distract me.
mostly things normally wouldn't do: reading for other classes. cleaning my room. making the bed. doing dishes.
and then i had a legitimate excuse:
chelsea and hannah! (pictured below at my last beach trip with the high school (we were playing some crazy picture game))
today there are about a million high school seniors at cbu for the preview day.

so right now as i "work on my presentation" they are sleeping on the floor behind me.
SCRATCH THAT. chelsea is sleep talking and hannah is telling her to stop sleep talking and go to bed. haha. that was funny.

ok. well i have checked my email, facebook, myspace, google analytics, my blog roll, and written a blog. its time to get back to work.
i realize that was not parallel structure, sue me.


actually i am going to get one more glass of water. then work some more.
well i might as well use the bathroom one more time.

1 comment:

Jeff and Yvonne Weinstein said...

Oh, you should see the great graffiti art that is hanging in the salinas valley church where the Risingers are now. See, even blogging is researching, so you weren't really procrastinating:)
(http://livethesimplelife.blogspot.com/ --check the nov 18 entry--
and
here is a quote from Kat Ri "anyway, i liked this piece they had hanging from their ceiling in the santuary….apparently they hired a professional grafitti artist to come and create these banners that are all over the church campus…this one says AKA God"

and the link
http://yourpalkat.risingerphotography.com/
....you need to hunt and find the entry called Day 2.

They are great graffiti things INSIDE a church.

(I am sure that you did fine.)
Love you!