Friday, November 2, 2007

halloween

i carved a pirate jack o lantern. i totally used a stencil. i was considering lying and saying i came up with the design all on my own, but the stencil is totally in the picture so i couldn't really get away with that.



on halloween i helped out with trunk n' treat. kids are cute. but parents are kind of silly
its dumb when parents take their newborn trick or treating. how can a baby who dosent have teeth eat candy? they cant. the moms are going to eat it all.

oh and the highlight of my night was getting yelled at. we were told to only give candy to kids under 12. so when somone who looked older came to our trunk we would ask them how old they were. several kids admitted to being 13+ (one even admitted to bing 17 1/2) so we would tell them to go play the games and stuff. then some crazy mom on a power trip came to our trunk and said "you told my daughter she couldn't have candy, you were wrong. i talked to the head pastor and he siad there was no age limit. bla bla bla."
sorry. i was just doing what i was told to do.

i kinda don't really like the idea of trunk or treat. not because i think its a satanic holiday or anything. i don't understand why every church in riverside needs to have a carnival. i wonder how much money churches spent this year on halloween.
i was a jock. i got 2 comments on my costume.

  1. "what year did you graduate?" "06" "i graduated in from poly in 85"
  2. "dang, was there anything you didn't win" (yah, i was a stud back in the day)
and my dad was a parking cone. he takes his parking ministry at the grove pretty seriously.

4 comments:

TheAlmondTreeGrl said...

hahaha oh your dad makes me happy! he's a nice fellow. thats funny that a 17 year old had the balls to even ask for candy i wouldnt... then again its probably a good thing i dont have balls.

Jeff and Yvonne Weinstein said...

Yes, too much money wasted on a nothing day with no human or spiritual nutrition.
Loved your Jack-o-lantern.
Read on a couple of blogs about using this as a story of getting the goop out of our life to shine for Christ.... but that seems to be quite a stretch. Am a getting cynical in my old geezer age?

GinnyBerry said...

Great comments Raychill, and sorry that mom was on a power trip. Wonder why she couldn't just have her kiddo play by the rules.

I guess churches doe trunk of treat to get people there.

Your Dad's costume is wonderful. So cheery. And the color will prevent him from getting hit by any flying cars.

yes, it is a log of money being spent, wobbly. I bought mini boxes of microware popcorn. I had only two trickers come to my house. Chloe took that opportunity to slip off her leash and run. Yes. She wanted to go for a run. She always comes back. Brat.

TheEpicBeat said...

I'm with you Rach...I'm staying home next year.

Why are we emptying the neighborhoods on the one day a year that people walk from door to door and see each other.

I don't think it's a nothing holiday...it's an oppurtunity to hang with people...but TNT was too crazy for people to hang.

Hope that's okay for me to say that this far away from my blog :)