Wednesday, April 9, 2008

exciting news.


so i just got this text message from my mom:

great news! i drove to the audiology they let me borrow a hearing aid which gives a little amazing sound so i have directional then drove to san clemente all by myself

i responded with:
:] :] :] :] :] im so excited right now!!!!!

and she said:
thanks. i never thought it would be so exciting to be old and have a hearing aid. thank God!

so for thoes of you who are clueless about what i am talking about check out my moms blog. its been a hard year. she was on disabibity, could not drive, work, or read (hard for a librarian). sometimes she was too dizzy to walk. she lost half her hearing.

and you know what, she still worshiped God throughout it all. i think these situations are when one's character truly shows. when everything is going your way its easy to be joyyful and all that jazz. but that's just not reality. basically, im so proud of my mom.

love you mom! why don't you ever blog anymore?



psalm 56:13
For you have delivered me from death
and my feet from stumbling,
that I may walk before God
in the light of life.





(and she is super cute too!)

3 comments:

Cinders said...

you two make my heart smile so big :)

Jillian, Riverside said...

i know i said i'm taking a break from blogging - but in order for me to get to carlos whittaker's blog, i have to go to yours, then adams, and then i reach carlos'. giving up reading carlos' was not part of the deal. hence, i made it to your page and stumbled across this.

i'm really really happy :) and proud of your mom too. it's been so long that she's been going through this crap, and now she has a hearing aid! yay!! :)

ps you're right - why DOESN'T she blog anymore??

TheAlmondTreeGrl said...

yeah, your mom is pretty much my hero. i love her to death! i miss you both!