Saturday, April 5, 2008

lights camera action.

"hey have you seen that new youtube video?"
"which one?"
"i don't know. just search for 'rachel weinstein' it should be the first one that comes up. its awesomely hillarious. i just want to meet her!"

that is a dream of mine. i want to be a youtube star. how amazing would that be. i could go on the ellen show and talk about how i am using my new found fame to share jesus with the world.

so this past week i made a baby step toward that goal. they have been filming cbu promotional videos this year and on Wednesday when i came back from class there was video and lighting eqipment all over the cottage.
here is our awesome princess bathroom with a huge light and other stuff. first monica and holly fake studied. i kinda felt left out at this point becuase i was just sitting in my room watching all the excitement unfold around me. but then the door into the entertainment industry opened up for me. the director came over to me and basically said, "hey there beautiful girl. i think you would be a great asset to our film. i have a good eye for this sort of thing. i think you are an excellent representation of the cbu student."
and i said, "why thank you kind sir. i would be happy to assist you with this film. and you don't even have to pay me for my services. becuase i am such a nice person."

so holly and i faked a game of rummy while monica made tea in the background. this is the shot of holly winning. and obviously i am a good actor because my "losing face" is so authentic you cant tell that i never loose.
:]

5 comments:

Cinders said...

hhaha! you make me smile :)

GinnyBerry said...

you make me smile too.
did you let me win when I played rummy with you last year?

rachel said...

haha. i honestly did not let you win. you beat me fair and square.

i did let aunt rose's friends win this summer when i was living there. i figured letting a 97 year old beat me at a card game wouldn't be the end of the world.

Liz said...

hahaha. i love this!

TheAlmondTreeGrl said...

haha when will those videos be up? i want to see the one i might be in! that was a good day :)