Friday, May 9, 2008

new bible.


yesterday i went out with my grandma and she bought me a new bible as an early birthday present. (im going to be gone on my birthday again this year.)
im excited to get started in this esv bible. im in daniel right now.

if i was going to judge a book by its cover i would say that the stories filled in this beautiful book must be amazing.

its hard though to leave behind all my notes in my old bible. but its exciting too.
should i attack this precept style? or start with some light underlines? highlighter? colored pencil? writing in the margins? i could develop a whole system of markings and colors and everything.

how do you handle a new bible?

3 comments:

Jillian, Riverside said...

i'm so jealous of you. i want a new bible!

Liz said...

eek! attacking a new bible is a difficult task...one that i haven't faced for five years! but, when i do face it, i face it slowly. i actually never get passed underlining and highlighting and i have a reason for that...sometimes, people look back on old bibles and think to themselves, "why in the world did i ever write that there?!" i don't wanna end up doing that. i wanna be able to open it up any time and have God speak to me and not be confused by my own writing. but yeah, that's just my system. and also, i use different colored highlighters in different stages of my life. in the five years with my bible, i'm on my 3rd colored highlighter.

ok, i'll shut up now. enjoy your new bible!! :]

fischoutofwater said...

My advice would be don't underline your favorite verse in purple highlighter. I did that when I got my new Bible over summer and it turned out waaaay dark and now I can barely read it :(