Wednesday, August 13, 2008

some of my struggles.

its crazy that i have been back from louisiana for over a month. crazy.
i am constantly reminded of those six weeks of my summer. which is good. and i hope it lasts.

becuase i love these girls so much.
and i love my team so much. (plus ben who isn't in this picture.)
but i have this terrible habit.
i move on and forget. i learned so much, but i already know i have slipped back into my routine here. but is that such a bad thing?
do i place too much emphasis on walking away from a situation totally changed?
often when returning from a mission trip i say "i went expecting to give and serve (the mexicans, chileans, homeless, cambodians...) but instead they served me and taught me so much."
but it always seems to be the same lesson. isn't once enough? or do i really need to keep relearning the same stuff?

desitini, one of my girls just myspaced me. she said "hey i miss you so much. are you coming back next summer!!!!!!" (yah no question mark, just a bunch of explanation points)

and i told her i don't know if i will be returning to louisiana. its something i always struggle with.
after chile i really wanted to go back. but i didn't. instead i took an opportuinity to go to cambodia. and it was amazing. and i really wanted to go back there. but i didn't. i went to louisiana.
this was our staff picture. i would love to be a part of that team next year. i just have no idea if thats where the lord will put me.

No comments: