Monday, September 8, 2008

voluntary amputation


I just cut off 15 inches of hair.

well not just, it was this afternoon, about 3:30.
initially i was shocked at how short it is.

i held myself together on the way home but as soon as i got back into the cottage i started sobbing. its just wayyyy shorter than i wanted/expected.

but after a mini counseling sesh (thanks justine and cottage girls)
and a round with the flat iron (thanks shaye)

i totally love it.

im sending my hair to panteen beautiful lengths.

its an organization that makes wigs for the american cancer society.
My hair will go to a chick who needs it way more than i did, and that's pretty awesome.

i have been talking about making the cut for a year now, but i had been holding on.
(if you are thinking about donating they only need 8 inches)

well im going to bed now, i might write more about this later (with more pictures), but it has been a traumatic day.

5 comments:

Liz said...

oh my goodness!! that is sooooo much! but i have to say, it looks AMAZING!!! i love your hair at the new length!!!!!! =]

GinnyBerry said...

Dear Rachel,
You are so kind! I know that you have been thinking of helping people by doing this for over a year, and now you did!

Your new hair probably looks great! (I can't really see much in this photo)

But the good thing about hair is that it can grow back!!

love
Aunt Ginny

Holly Stavness said...

OH MY WORD!!! My little Ewe!! Your hair looks great I promise! But I can't believe you cut it all off!! Holy Cow! You are so brave:) I don't blame you for crying at all...cause that is A LOT of hair! How many inches in all did she cut off??

Eric McFarland said...

hopefully your hair goes towards making a toupee... or a fake moustashe.. or a fake mullet.

Josiah said...

i saw that you cut your hair.. im glad you donated it.. and i agree with erik.. maybe a super sweet stache or mullet.. would be a perfect use for it